It’s buttery, salted goodness is completely enticing to me, and I never go to the movies without buying some movie theater popcorn to stuff my face with.
I like kettle corn, too, but I’ve always been a salty popcorn kind of guy — that is until my mind opened up to all of the incredibly tasty ways you can make it sugary enough for dessert. When you check out all these mouth-watering popcorn recipes, your sweet tooth is going to burst up in an enormous way.
1. This caramel marshmallow recipe is everything that is delicious and gooey in this world.
- 1 bag popped popcorn ( any flavor works )
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 TB light corn syrup
- 20 Large Marshmallows
- Pop corn and place in a bowl making sure there are no unpopped kernels there.
- Melt butter in a medium pot on the oven.
- Add brown sugar and corn syrup until well blended.
- Add marshmallows and stir continuously on low heat until all melted.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and mix well.
- Spread popcorn on parchment paper or put in greased baking sheet and cut into squares.
2. This Muddy Buddy popcorn needs to get in my belly right now!
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (you could also use milk chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl and remove any unpopped kernels.
- Place the powdered sugar in a resealable gallon-sized bag.
- In a medium-sized microwaveable bowl, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave, cooking for 30-second intervals and stirring after each interval until the chocolate and peanut butter combination are completely smooth (mine was completely melted after 90 seconds, but it will depend on your microwave). Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour melted chocolate over the popcorn and mix with a large rubber spatula until it completely coats each piece of popcorn.
- Carefully spoon the popcorn into the resealable bag (I promise that it will all fit). Zip the bag closed and shake until all the popcorn is coated with the powdered sugar.
- Once the popcorn is coated, pour into a large bowl and serve. If you have any leftovers, store in an airtight container for up to two days (I doubt it will last that long!). 🙂
3. Love sweet and salty treats? Then you have to check out this peanut butter pretzel recipe.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Caramel Popcorn
Peanut butter caramel corn with pretzels and HELLO Pretzel Bites. This sweet and salty popcorn is perfect for parties, game day, movie night, and every day snacking!
yield: ABOUT 11 CUPS prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 5 MINUTES total time: 10 MINUTES
- 8 cups plain popcorn (about 1/3 cup popcorn kernels)
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Lindt HELLO Pretzel Bites
- Place the popped popcorn and pretzels in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix the honey and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and add the peanut butter. Stir vigorously until all the peanut butter is melted, then mix in the vanilla extract.
- Immediately pour the peanut butter caramel over the popcorn and pretzels. Gently stir until well coated. Season with salt, to taste. Stir in HELLO Pretzel Bites. Serve!
Note-We used air-popped popcorn, but you can use microwave popcorn or stovetop popcorn.
4. I LOVE cookies and cream, and I love it even more on popcorn.
8 cups freshly popped popcorn
2½-3 cups chopped Oreo cookies
1 cup white chocolate chips
1) Place popped popcorn and chopped cookies in a large bowl, removing all unpopped kernels.
2) Place the white chocolate chips in a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Melt chips in microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring every 30 seconds, until fully melted. Pour over popcorn and mix until popcorn and cookies are evenly coated. Spread onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper and allow to harden for 20 minutes before serving.
5. You don’t even need a campfire to make this yummy s’mores recipe. 🙂
- ½ cup popcorn kernels or 1 bag of microwave popcorn (unbuttered)
- 1 bag (2 cups) milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups graham cracker pieces and crumbs
- Begin by popping your popcorn. Spread it onto a cookie sheet (or the counter) lined with parchment paper.
- Prep by breaking up about 2 cups of graham cracker bits.
- Melt 1 cup of milk chocolate chips and a small scoop of shortening (to thin the chocolate for drizzling) in the microwave. Spoon it into a small Ziploc bag while still VERY hot. Snip a corner off of the Ziploc bag and use it like a frosting bag to drizzle the chocolate all over the popcorn, zig zagging back and forth. This helps the popcorn stick together and “grab” the other ingredients.
- Sprinkle the mini marshmallows and graham cracker bits and crumbs over the top of the drizzled chocolate.
- Repeat the melting and drizzling process with the remaining cup of milk chocolate chips, once again with a small scoop of shortening to thin it for drizzling, to “seal in” the candy.
- Allow to cool and then break up a bit and enjoy!
Click NEXT PAGE to see more Popcorn recipes.