11. You’ve probably already made it through the hard parts of fighting to stay together. At some point, all couples have to sit down and figure out what they want, where they want this to go, how committed they’re ready to get, etc. You already had to do all that when you went to college and when you entered the real world. So although there’s always going to be plenty to work through and talk through, you’ve already covered a lot of it.
12. ‘High school sweethearts’ is just one of many things you are to each other. You’re also soul mates, best friends, go-to persons for one another, cheerleaders, endless supporters, kindred spirits, partners, etc. These types of bonds don’t come around that often.
13. Your families are basically already family to each other. There are no more polite exchanges of pleasantries. Your families have known each other for so long that they actually greet each other like old friends.
14. And your loved ones are usually super invested in your relationship. Sounds intense, but it’s actually just great. They’re always happy to support you and celebrate milestones and give you all the encouragement that you need. Because at this point, your significant other is just as much a part of your families’ lives as they are part of yours.
15. You’ve been in the habit, for years, of learning how to balance your relationship with the other parts of your life. You know that you can’t just spend all your time with that one person, so you’ve become an expert at balancing work, friends, and family in your life as well.
16. If you guys have ‘a song,’ it’s probably an awesome throwback. Like ‘Hey There Delilah.’ Or ‘Collide.’ Or something by Lifehouse.
17. They’ve been there for you since the beginning. So you have no trouble trusting that they’ll be there for you through everything else, too
Like this article? Please share!! 🙂 😎 😀