Buffalo Chicken + Avocado BLT Wraps.
- 1/2 cup butter melted, 1 stick
- 1/2 cup hot sauce I like to use Franks original hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt check for gluten free labels
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders or breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices thick cut bacon fried
- 2 tomatoes sliced and sprinkled with salt + pepper
- 1 large head buttered lettuce chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted + sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- potato chips lightly crushed (make sure they are gluten free if needed)
- 4 whole wheat tortillas warmed (use gluten free wraps if needed)
- ranch or blue cheese dressing for serving
In a medium bowl mix together the butter, hot sauce and seasoned salt. Set aside.
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat or preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Toss the chicken with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of the buffalo sauce and toss again. Grill the chicken for 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. OR bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the grill or oven and shred with two forks or your hands. Toss with more buffalo sauce (leave some for serving).
To assemble the wraps layer a little buffalo chicken in the middle of each wrap. Now add bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado. Drizzle with extra buffalo sauce, sprinkle with blue cheese and cilantro. Add some potato chips. Roll up the tortilla and serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing +more buffalo sauce + potato chips. EAT!
Avocado y Huevos Caliente
- 1teaspoon cumin seed
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2large onion, chopped
- 1jalapeño, sliced (save 2-4 slices for garnish)
- 1 1/2cups diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 1clove garlic, sliced very thin
- Kosher salt
- 1large avocado
- 2tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Warm corn tortillas (optional)
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat medium oven safe skillet over medium heat. Toast cumin in pan until fragrant. Add olive oil to a pan. Sauté onion and jalapeno in hot olive oil until vegetables begin to soften. Add tomatoes, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; simmer about 5 minutes to let flavors combine and liquid reduce slightly. If tomatoes aren’t very juicy you may need to add a tablespoon or 2 of water.
- While the vegetables simmer cut avocado in half, remove pit and peel. If needed, scoop out a little more avocado to make room for one egg in each half.
- Take the simmering salsa off the heat; add salt to taste. Make 2 small wells in the salsa and nestle in the avocado cut side up. Crack one egg into each avocado half. Sprinkle eggs with a small pinch of salt. Bake in the oven until the egg is done to your liking. 15 minutes yields cooked whites and a yolk that is slightly runny in the middle.
- Garnish with cilantro, jalapeño and lime wedges. Serve with warm corn tortillas if desired. Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/a-healthy-excuse-to-eat-more-avocados_us_58f50f71e4b0da2ff8625b60